Philip Robinson (the owner of Robinson Department Store) arrived in Singapore in 1857 and together with a group of seven believers, all British, they met at 108 Bencoolen Street for service on 3 July 1864 and thus inaugurated the Brethren work in Singapore.
As the early assembly at Bencoolen Street grew, believers moved to new premises at 77 Bras Basah Road in 1866. This became known as Bethesda Bras Basah which later moved to Ang Mo Kio after the government acquired its land.
Currently, there are nearly 20 autonomous Brethren assemblies in different parts of the island, each with their own Elders and many with full-time Pastors.
There is an informal Brethren Network Fellowship (BNF) where the leaders meet on a regular basis for fellowship, sharing and prayer.